Things not on my list of priorities
- Hints of war with Iran. Not in my skill set and way above my pay grade.
- Prime Minister’s corruption and request for immunity. I think this is taking longer than the Mueller Report.
- Third election. As if anything will be different.
- Putin and Zelensky are going to be at a Yad Vashem event together. I’ll believe it when I see it.
- Impeachment in the US. I can’t remember that far back.
- Potential constitutional crisis in US. Meh.
- Harry and Meghan break from the royal family. Yawn.
- Lunar eclipse during full moon. Missed it.
- Massive rainstorms in Israel. Didn’t go outside.
My #1 Priority
- Catsky-Doodle’s teeth.
My poor little cat was getting skinny, but it seemed like she was still eating. This past week, I noticed that she was avoiding kibbles but could eat soft food. I called the vet who makes house calls and wrangled her into the carrier.
It was like a prison riot in my living room while we waited.
Tranquilizers. Oral surgery on the coffee table. Shots of painkillers and antibiotics. And then my poor drunk monkey was finally coming out of it (no video to protect her dignity).
Around 5am the next morning, she loudly declares her desire to go outside. In. The. Rain.
I regret my decision to let her out a few hours later when I can’t find her anywhere. I do a few laps around the neighborhood. Where are her new hiding places? She usually doesn’t leave the yard.
Finally, she comes home. She’s anxious, noisy, pacing, shivering. She won’t stay on my lap. She won’t curl up anywhere. She won’t be swaddled. Arrgh!
It’s a long night, but we make it.
Today, she is closer to her normal self. Playing, less vocalizing, wandering in and out. It’s sunny, so I left the door open.
This afternoon I found her like this.
Update: Catsky-Doodle is in the house, but it may be another long night of prison riots.